Sunday, September 03, 2006

Saturday Night in Death Valley

Don't let the title fool you. I didn't make it to the game Saturday night. I did, however, watch it on Tigervision.

Look, I know we were playing USL err. . . UL-Lafayette, but there couldn't be a better way to kick off the 2006 season. USL gets a good payday without having to travel to the Big-House, and their fans get to drive down I-10 to do some out-of-town drinking on the campus of LSU.

I believe JaMarcus Russell did look improved over last season. I am a little concerned about Justin Vincent. I thought I saw him limp off the field in the 1st half. If anyone knows anything please let me know. Alley Broussard finally got in the game and looked pretty good. I know it was against a tired and almost defeated USL defense, but I think it was a nice spot for him to get his game legs back after his injury last year.

I just read a blog from tigersmack.com and came away laughing. Evidently, there is a DUDE on the Ragin Cajun dance team. WHAT ?!!??? What the hell is that all about? The poster for the tigersmack blog said that the big screen in the stadium focused on him for the entire song. I don't know about you, but a guy on a college football dance team seems somewhat. . . wrong.

I'm looking forward to next week when the 'Cats come into Death Valley. I'll actually be there with the rest of the Tiger Faithful getting drunk, loud, and hopefully after getting laid. (sidenote: don't tell my wife that I'm going to try to hit on her Saturday)

By the way, the decision to eliminate "Tiger Rag" from the pregame because of student "vulgarity" is absolutely riduculous!

Geaux Tigers and Looking for Overtime,

L8R

No comments: