Friday, September 15, 2006

Roach Coach

Look,

I'm the last one to complain about how someone prepares food in their own kitchen. On Monday of this week, one of the operators had a little 'surprise' in his boxed lunch from one of the trucks. Looking at the title of this post you can hazard a guess on what he found in his red beans after he had eaten half of the lunch. I have never seen lunch boxes disappear off of the table quicker than they did that day. Before, the other guys started eating they were kidding me about my frozen french bread pizzas that I put in the oven. Well, I had a full stomach while the others were left hungry for the rest of the afternoon.

The tech who found the little critter in his lunch proptly began calling the other control rooms to warn them about the incident. After that, he went out front to get his money back from the vendor. When he showed the guy the roach in the box, the guy had the nerve to ask him, "Do you want your money back?"

DUDE, What the HELL do you think ?!!???

The following day, the guard at the gate said there were no operation technicians eating from that particular truck. I wasn't too keen on that one anyway, but this little 'incident' sealed the deal for me.

I have asked a couple of guys to post any stories or anecdotes they hear while they are at work. So, if you see any others posting to this blog, it is with my permission. There are so many stories here that I need a lot of help to get them down.

By the way, the Tigers will win this weekend. . . The purple and gold ones that is.

Geaux Tigers! I'll be pulling for them even though I'll probably miss most of the fourth quarter.

L8R,

Purple Tiger 006

No comments: