Sunday, September 24, 2006

Night Fright


I was making my midnight round in the unit, when lo and behold. . .a racoon. Let me tell you something, when one of these critters is agitated, you do not want to be close to it.
I was walking around one of our towers on the second deck logging my readings. After turning around writing down my pressure on one of the vessels, the healthiest racoon I have ever seen, was right in front of me about 2 feet away. It was not happy to see me there. It scared the living hell out of me. You don't expect anything up there to jump out at you at 12 in the morning. When I started walking away he slowly followed me for about 5 feet, then turned around and went under one of the supports of the tower that I walked by. This is the first time in my 5 years here that I have seen anything like this in the structure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to hate when racoons would get into the garbage cans at my old house. Luckily our new place has a closed garage.

One thing scarier than getting surprised by a racoon at night is getting surprised by a possum. Especially if it thinks you have it cornered. Those little suckers can get mean.