Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Probably a Complete Game


I know. . . I know. The title is somewhat of an understatement. Saturday night's game was perhaps the most enjoyable game I have ever attended at LSU. I've been to some pretty fun games, such as: LSU defeating #1 Fla at home, The earthquake game (while in high-school), the overtime win over Tennessee at home, among others. This one, however, I enjoyed from the time I arrived at the tailgate spot to the ending whistle in the fourth quarter.

I don't think the V-Tech fans and players know what hit them during this contest. From beginning to end, the Tigers were ready to play and play they did. I said in an earlier post that I would reserve judgement on the offense for later. Well, I've reached my decision. If they play half as well for the rest of the season, I don't think we will ever be 'out' of any game this year. I still am extremely hesitant to jump on the 12-0 bandwagon. I really want to, but I don't want to jinx the whole deal. Needless to say, I was very impressed. I am looking forward to watching this team for the rest of the season. Great job guys, keep it up!

Now for the most excruciating thing about the whole day. THE TRAFFIC AFTER THE GAME. Need I say more? If anyone reading this has been to an LSU football game, they have just an inkling of what my wife and I experienced after the game. This post-game exodus was unlike any other game that we have attended in years. I don't exactly know what time the game ended, but we did not get out of the parking lot (field) on river road close to the vet school until 2:45 AM. We waited in the parking lot for an entire hour before my wife convinced me to go in a different direction. Let me explain. THE FREAKIN' CAR DID NOT MOVE ONE INCH IN AN HOUR!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I expect traffic after football games. There is no excuse for the fact that it took my wife, my step-daughter and I almost three hours to get home. Anyway that is all for the ranting for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what the VT game traffic was like. Last game I went to it took me three hours to get home. And this was a record attendance crowd. Note to self...I will NEVER park in the hay fields again. That is the stupidest thing LSU has done in a long time. Fields across from Walk-Ons, down Burbank to College or Stanford for me from now on.

PurpleTiger006 said...

No Kidding! I believe that those old hay fields could actually be the '7th level of Hell.' No matter what time I arrive in Baton Rouge, I will NEVER park there again.