Friday, August 31, 2007

Thoughts of the State Game

I honestly thought LSU's offense would come out looking a little better than what they showed us last night. I don't believe we will have any issues with the defense, but we cannot rely on the defense to win us the big games. The offense needs to find out what is wrong and fix it quick. I'm not in panic mode, but we definately do not deserve the #2 ranking right now. Conventional wisdom says a team improves more in between it's first game and second one than at any time during the season. I hope we saw some jitters get banished last night. I don't want to be reading the blogs for the rest of the season with them saying, "Those corndogs are extremely overrated!"

Until we get through our first real test in V Tech, I will withold the judgement on the offense. I think the running backs namely Williams and Scott looked like they were ready to play some ball. I think as the season goes on, Flynn and the receivers will get in a rythm that will allow us to move the ball down the field. I just hope our offensive line can get it's act together, because without them playing well, we will be living through a long football season.

speaking of receivers:




One Word. "OUCH!"

No comments: