Sunday, August 19, 2007

Getting Closer

Dude,

You have no idea how bad I am wanting some college football. I don't care if it is two directional schools battling it out for pork rinds, but man, I need some football. Fortunately, I have less than two weeks left for the LSU and Miss. State game.

I am really excited about this season, like everyone else in the college football community. I am, however a little more realistic about LSU's projected record. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the Tigers go 12-0, go win the SEC Championship Game, go to New Orleans again and smack the ever living dog-mess out of any team that shows up for that game. I don't think it is going to happen that way. I believe there are two games out somewhere in the season that the Tigers are going to play like poo-poo and not be able to escape with a win. I think that their final record will end up another 10-2 season (not bad BTW). I just want Miles to continue building on the success that Saban helped build at LSU. Folks, we are in a 'Golden Age' of LSU football. We need to enjoy the wins while we can. One day, hopefully not soon, we will be in the middle of the pack in the SEC, with occasional impressive seasons. Let's not get bent out of shape if we don't go 12-0 in the regular season this year. Who knows, maybe it'll all work out the way we would like, but I'm just out for a solid performance by the Tigers this year.

Memo to the Hokies: You should have come to Tiger Stadium last time you were scheduled to. I think you had a better shot at beating the Tigers in that year. Man, ESPN gave the Tiger faithful 1 extra hour to 'prepare' for the game since kick-off is not until 8:15 P.M. on Sep. 8. I know I'll be putting that extra hour to good use!

No comments: