Monday, February 23, 2009

The New Alex Box Stadium


Man, that new stadium looks sweet! I wish I could have attended that game Friday night. I remember going to the old Box with my family at the time when the entire stadium was general admission. Skip had taken over about 2 years before. Little did I know at the time, but we were in for a great ride. During this time in LSU Baseball, they sold 'Family' season tickets. A family of 4 could attend the Friday night game and the Saturday double headers for one price. My dad purchased these tickets for quite a few years, until they made the grandstand at the Box reserved. It priced my dad out of the tickets because he was still buyin season tickets for football.


I have so many memories of the old Box. From Will Clark tagging a home run across Nicholson to Lyle Mouton slamming one on top of the married housing behind left field. It made me sad that I couldn't afford season tickets to LSU Baseball, and I couldn't get tickets to the games this weekend. I will take my family to a game this year somehow. I look forward to watching this team this year.


No comments: