Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I am soooo screwed!

Let me tell you a little story:

There once was a guy named, shall we say, 'yellow tiger', who was in outside sales about 9 years ago. This dude had just begun dating a very attractive young lady named, 'attractive young lady.' Let's just call her AYL for short. Well YT goes on a training trip to the big D-town in Texas. I was to be there for about a week learning the 'ins and outs' of the corporate way of doing things.

Well, one night, the head instructor and the Managing Partner for the Dallas office decided he wanted to take us out to eat dinner, their treat. I think, this is cool. I call the newly aquired girlfriend named AYL and said we would be going out to eat and woud be calling her back when I returned to the hotel. Well, those of you who have travelled for work could probably guess what happened next. The two bosses decided they wanted to go to one of Dallas' fine establishments that happen to have 'nekid' women all over the place. When I say, 'nekid,' I mean just that. NEKID!!!!

I lost track of time while trying not to get in trouble in this fine establishment. The guy who attended the training with me, ended up at the hotel before me and answered the phone in the room. Lo and Behold, the AYL was trying to reach me for some nonsensical reason and was thouroughly PISSED when I finally called her back.

I'm thinking to myself, 'time for damage control.' I told her that we went out and I just got back, leaving out the fact that we were at one of Dallas' fine entertainment establishments. Let me tell you, AYL was not a happy camper with me at the time. Also, I did not do anything while inside this fine establishment that would have been construed as cheating. Period!!! I was only entertained visually, if you know what I mean. BTW, the Managing Partner paid in full for the nights festivities. None to the proceeds came out of my bank account. Really, I had no choice, did I?

Anyway, she got over it and that was the last time that I have been out of town for any type of work trip. Now, that I am at a different company and I have a completely different job function, I don't have the opportunity to make these business trips that I used to when I was in outside sales. An opportunity has arisen for me to go to a convention away from home. The better-half is not very keen on the idea of me going out of town. She believes there will be a rehash of the last incident.

Let me also fill you in on the fact that the guy that I am attending the conference with is recently divorced. This combination is a recipe for disaster. I really don't want to go out, because we are saving money to pay off stuff early, but I feel like the asshole who won't loosen up.

I love my wife tremendously, and she puts up with my stupid shit all of the time. But this situation is a no win for me. Therefore, I am soooo . . . . FUCKED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! LMFAO Come on Purple all the other guys are heading out to look at Nekid women! Cash