Thursday, November 29, 2007

Rambling

While at work tonight, I have been visiting some other blogs out there and realized that I might need to broaden the scope of my writing. My most intense interest, of course, is LSU football. Now that I have been posting for a few months now, I think that there are other aspects of my life that might be 'blog worthy.'

You see, when I was in high school and attending college, I considered myself a good writer. I look back to some of the essays that I have written I say to myself, "How did I ever write this well?" I know that my writing is somewhat disjointed with some run-on sentences thrown in for good measure. Ever since I graduated college, I never put any serious effort into writing, but I remember how it used to be so enjoyable and extremely easy for me. How do I get that back? Where do I go? How do I start? What should I write about?

I know that I have some interesting ideas floating around inside my mind, I just don't have any clue about how to access them. Maybe some 'soul searching' is in order. I have always heard that writing is a skill that dulls with disuse. Maybe this online journal can be the whetstone that sharpens one of the few skills that I was always proud of. I just hope that I haven't lost what I used to have.

No comments: