Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wednesday on the Bayou

I have been fighting this darn site for two weeks now. I don't know if it the computer system at work that won't let me update My Favorite Sites list. It sure is frustrating that I can't post any links to some of my favorite sites. See, I update this blog mostly when I work nights and weekends here at the plant. I generally have more time to post stuff at these times. When I am at home, I usually have other things to do and it slips my mind to try my computer at home.

I want to thank Kate for coming onto the site and posting a comment. Thanks, Kate for taking the time to come and look at the site. I will be visiting your site often to see what is going on in your little 'slice of heaven.' I know that I write about things you aren't generally interested in, but sometimes I might actually surprise you with a rare bit of wit.

BTW, Kate. The dance recital that I went to was my step-daughter 'C.' She did a great job. She is going to change dance schools next year, though. Her new school has a top-notch ballet teacher who is 'no-joke' and teaches ballet the way it is supposed to be taught. It doesn't hurt that the new school is run by a guy that works out here and his wife. It is a complete performing arts school, not just dance. Their 'Showcase' last week was pretty cool mixing the dance classes with some musical numbers. Great job, Larry with the showcase. We'll be sending C. and K. this summer to your summer 'mini-musical' camps. They are very excited about it.


Man, how can you get more classical than Degas' Ballerina? I bet you guys didn't think I had it in me, did ya?

Oh, I want to say hello to Shelby, who might be visiting sometime in the future. Now, I don't want anyone to hold it against him that he is a Crimson Tide fan. He is a pretty good fella that my brother-in-law introduced me to a few years ago. Shelby, I just wanted to give you a 'shout-out' and come by often. Dude, you know my email and keep writing and visiting the blog. If you see something interesting feel free to comment. I'll also want any scoop on your new coach as his career is disected at Alabama.

Please forgive me, I know this post has been all over the place but I didn't want to make several different posts.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yeah, Degas seems like a bit of a departure for this blog, but it juxtaposes really well with the scary, "Lord of the Rings"-type guy just below. Thanks for filling me in on the dance recital. I'll come back and visit again soon.