Friday, January 05, 2007

Sugar Bowl Aftermath

Man, was that trip to New Orleans great! Parking; no problem. Hotel; no problem. Food; no problem. Seats for game; no problem. LSU fan and ND fan next to us; Big Freaking Problem!

My wife and I arrived in the Superdome about 5:15, two hours before the game. We went in early because yours truly had to do #1 some kind of fierce. Anyway, two Irish fans from Bawston showed up shortly thereafter. The missus and I chatted rather pleasantly with these two hardcore Irish fans. Next, enter young, drunk, and obnoxious Tiger fan. I knew this was going to be a test of my patience from the get-go. For the next hour and a half I had to listen to 'Dude, Notre Dame Sucks and you guys need to play in a real conference.' about 20 times. Granted, I may believe the same thing, but diplomacy is a good thing when meeting people for the first time. Thus began the WWE Wednesday Night Smackdown in New Orleans.

No fight ever broke out, but it was pretty touch-and-go most of the game. The ND guy next to us was just as boisterous as the drunk Tiger fan in front of us. My wife was getting pissed, because I had to difuse several infamitory comments from both sides for the entire 3rd quarter. I wish that I would be eloquent enough to recapture the intense arguing, errrrr. . .debate for the first 3 quarters of the football game.

I do truly believe that Les Miles actually had a good game plan for this matchup. He actually gained some respect from me on this account. Last year, he had the team very prepared for that beat-down of Miami. And LSU's second half explosion on ND showed dude actually might have some coaching skills. Now, don't get me wrong. I am still not a huge Les Miles fan, but I am hoping he can win me completely over in the next few seasons. I want LSU to be a top level program year in and out. I hope he can do it.

I only have one real wish for next football season. I want to go to Tuscaloosa and beat the living dog mess out of the Crimson Tide. I will be there, tickets or no tickets. I have already taken vacation for that weekend.

And finally, JaMarcus, GOOD LUCK at the next level. I and many Tiger Fans out there appreciate everything you have accomplished here at LSU. We will definately miss you when you are gone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Now, don't get me wrong. I am still not a huge Les Miles fan, but I am hoping he can win me completely over in the next few seasons."

Yeah...but if Pelini and Fisher both bolt (Fisher to Louisville seems rather likely), we'll see just how good Miles is. That thought scares teh hell outta' me.

Anonymous said...

Les Milles fan yet?Cash